POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Solar System : Re: POV Solar System (planetarium) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Solar System (planetarium)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Mar 2006 21:45:12
Message: <4418d138$1@news.povray.org>
Apologies to everyone trying to go to my FTP site (if you see my other
recent replies here). I can get there myself and I did make sure to enable
anonymous ftp, too, however I still see there's trouble in getting to the
file directly. Please try:

ftp://3digitaleyes.com/public_ftp/

and if you get into there you should see pplan009.zip and could download it
from there. Not sure what's wrong with my new host's FTP that prevents the
direct download. Not the best time to be learning it, I'm sorry if any of
you have trouble.

I cancelled my previous two replies so here again is what was said in my
first, minus the URL, even if that still shows up for you.

_________________________________

For anyone reading/searching these groups, POV Planetarium 0.9 by Marius van
der Spek can be downloaded from my site:

That will be there temporarily, or until I get word to remove it or decide
it has served the purpose of helping others get it for now since only broken
links to the original file could be found by me, with no sign of any updated
version either. I just won't be linking to it from anyplace (except right
here) and ask that no one else create web page links to it, please. Unless
maybe the POV-Team or povray.org webmaster deems it okay to change their
Resources link to this one, in which case I'd place it in a more permanent
POV-specific folder there, first.  ;)

I've also added a notice to the readme.txt to explain the archive I had was
not a completely original zip yet should be the same aside from the
povplan.exe being run with a date and time which created corresponding
files.