POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making thick non-transparent portion of image map : Re: making thick non-transparent portion of image map Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making thick non-transparent portion of image map
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Mar 2006 04:36:18
Message: <4417e012$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Armstrong" <bob### [at] cosycom> wrote in message

> Boy , some of the images on your web site are intimidating .
> Please tell me some of the images like
> http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/povrenders1/lcsrule_std were not
> constructed from scratch .

*blush*  Ha! That one uses image_map on what is otherwise fairly basic POV
primitives in CSG stuff. I didn't dare try to add all the little lines and
numerals-- maybe I could have, guess I'll never know!

Glad you liked those, getting a bit outdated now. A lot of it has to do with
perserverence, I believe. I just never seem to get much rendered anymore,
even less done at a resolution and quality for showing. I don't (or can't
very well) use modeller programs, although the Seattle Space Needle does
have a part in the concrete tripod where it curves that I used one for. Oh
yeah, and the mountain terrain in a souple of those is height_field's from
elevation images.

Anyway, I'm much more intimidated by many other POV-Ray users. ;)

Bob