POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : An old find : Re: An old find Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An old find
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 14 Mar 2006 14:33:18
Message: <44171a7e$1@news.povray.org>
>>Can anybody see this?
>>Tell me what you think! ;-)
>

> "What we're dealing with here is a total lack of respct for the law".

LMAO!

> Hehehe, cool clip, very nicely synced to the music.

w00t!

Somebody likes something I made...

About the synchronisation... Take the CD and rip a .WAV file off it. The
music runs at exactly 145 beats per minute, and the first beat is at
exactly the start of the track. (No pesky intro or anything.) So just
run our animation and make stuff happen 145 times a minute and it will
magically look rock-solidly synch'd to the music. :-D

Of course, you'll wanna group events into bunches of 4 beats. And
really, you wanna pay attention to the music, and have the visuals
follow that...

I've been thinking about giving this treatment to a whole bunch of
different songs. When I listen to music, I usually see images in my
mind. For example, Pink Floyd's "One of these days", with it's incessent
pulsating bassline. For some reason, I always imagined that as a big
hairy biped greature running through the shallows of a dark nightscape
on the beach. (This is perhaps due to the waves on the album cover and
their moody deep blue hues.)

If you have the opportunity, I urge you to listen to this track! LOL.

Anyway, imagining a hairy creature running at full pelt through some
water is one thing; simulating all the physics for the hair and the
water and the running motion is quite another. And let's not even speak
of getting night time lighting that looks dark and yet still allows you
to actually *see* something.......