POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make invisible surfaces in media? : Re: How to make invisible surfaces in media? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make invisible surfaces in media?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Mar 2006 16:34:36
Message: <4415e56c@news.povray.org>
"Benjamin" <nanoinverno[at]web[dot]de> wrote in message

> http://www.home.pages.at/maus84/4711/media.jpg
>
> I tried many things but the left disc stays visible in the media. Is is
> possible to make the disc in the media disapear but the texture stay?

Hiya Benjamin.

Figured it might be sampling at fault. Gave that a try, making it samples 15
(no min,max) and now shows no sign of the disc here. Also, intervals 1 isn't
needed in there since default method 3 media makes its own changes to that
(unless you really want to override it).

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/