POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3 Gb memory limit? : Re: 3 Gb memory limit? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3 Gb memory limit?
From: Ger
Date: 12 Mar 2006 19:42:05
Message: <4414bfdd@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Have you checked ulimit to see what your stack size and allowed virtual
> memory are? 'ulimit -a' at the console should give you the values that
> the system is currently set to allow. I'm not sure what Suse would set
> their defaults at, but I think they would pick more conservative defaults.
> The other option would be the memory settings in the kernel, but that
> still shouldn't require a reinstall.

Hi, no, I have not checked those values, but after a re-install it all works
out nicely. It must have been a kernel problem because now I can run
renders as large as 10Gb* without too much trouble.

And for your info
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 32
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 40960
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

--
Ger

[*] With a lot of random included crap just to make the render bigger.