POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : drawing in frenet frame : Re: drawing in frenet frame Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: drawing in frenet frame
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 Mar 2006 16:49:52
Message: <44134600$1@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate wrote:
> hello,
>

> for a 3d curves defined by a sple, it's easy to define at each points of
> the cuve, the frenet frame.
>
> but... how to draw in this new frame ?
>
> povray has somes functions/utilities/macros to draw in the frenet frame ?
> nothing found on the web...

No, POV-Ray does not currently come with any Frenet frame "drawing" tools.

I have made some macro to do this. (But I do not have time to document
them.)

I made this image was made by placing a mesh along a Frenet frame
following a NURBS curve and then subdividing the mesh:

   http://home.no/t-o-k/POV-Ray/Mesh-Moebius_Band.jpg

If anyone is interested, then maybe I can find time to dig up some of
the macros and put them on my web page.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com