POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flickering flick help! : Re: Flickering flick help! Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:45:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flickering flick help!
From: Chris B
Date: 27 Feb 2006 11:54:51
Message: <44032edb@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote in message
> Im going crazy here! I've tried to make a 20 seconds text animation on a
> moving background but the outcome has so far become just HORRIBLE! I've
> tried AA on AA off, 25 fps and 50 fps, changed from 640*480 to 800*600.
> Zoomed in and zoomed out, not to mention all the different codecs and
> various video formats out there... But alas, my effort has so far been in
> vain... I would show you the clip, but... let's just say it jitters (yes,
> have jitter off and jitter value 0) and I have no better word than flicks!
> have, so far, been using VideoMach as converter from bmp to avi/mpg. The
> mpg
> result is slightly better, but not satisfying. Please, enlighten me... Im
> starting to loose hope I will ever finish this 1:58 minute short video...
> :(

I think we'll maybe need something more by way of a clue.
If I had to take a complete guess based on this little information, I'd say
it might be to do with a texture applied to a moving background.
If your background is a moving object and you apply a dramatic texture after
translating or rotating the object (i.e. so that the texture and the object
don't move together), then you could conceivably generate a very disjointed
and flickering effect.

Otherwise, is it possible to post a short snippet of code or something to
illustrate the problem?
Two consecutive still frames illustrating the problem may be an option.

Regards,
Chris B.