POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray : Re: Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray
From: Warp
Date: 24 Feb 2006 04:06:48
Message: <43fecca7@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@ <removethis>polard.com> wrote:
> Tsk tsk Warp... he did ask, didn't he? And, as far as I know, 3.7 is not yet
> available for Linux?

  But what I am thinking is that the "manual parallelization" of pov3.6 is
not only a real memory hog (rendering takes as much memory as many instances
of POV-Ray you run) but is also quite cumbersome and difficult, requiring
third-party tools and whatnot. I was thinking that instead of teaching him
the really hard way of doing it, the better way would be to wait for pov3.7
which automatically uses all the available processors in the computer without
the user having to do anything special to achieve that, and additionally
POV-Ray will not take basically any extra memory because of that.

--
                                                          - Warp