POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : asymmetric viewing frustum in pov-ray? stereo images? possible? : Re: asymmetric viewing frustum in pov-ray? stereo images? possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: asymmetric viewing frustum in pov-ray? stereo images? possible?
From: Verm
Date: 22 Feb 2006 05:58:35
Message: <43fc43db$1@news.povray.org>
djzielin wrote:
> Hello, I need to create stereo images for a real-time virtual reality
> project. This requires asymmetric viewing (camera is not in the center of
> the image plane). The easiest solution might be if I could just specify the
> world coodinates of the image plane. Has anyone had experience with this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dave

Why do you need asymmetric viewing? Why don't you just use two normal
camera's for stereo?

If you do want an offcenter image then...

Have you read the straight columns render bent thread? 10th Feb 2006

Or a simpler idea just render a wider angle image and crop it to the
left/right hand side. (Or better yet tell pov to only render the left
half of the image)