POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP5 : Re: volcano WIP5 Server Time
18 May 2024 19:45:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP5
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Feb 2006 09:03:50
Message: <43f9cc46$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> camera inside a 1m hole carved into the ocean. i.e. a real camera couldn't
> get this view because the camera is actually quite a long way above the
> surface of the water -which is how come we can see the top but not the
> bottom of the water surface-

Saw this cool (and hot) WIP a while ago and I didn't even see the lower part
until the third time I looked because I wasn't scrolling down far enough!

Ken's idea seems feasible to me. I can see how adding water droplets on an
imaginary lens might be difficult if you were to want them to be out of
focus from the nearness, but since the waterline is sharply focused that
could mean droplets might look okay. Maybe simply some blobs suspended out
there?

What this got me thinking about is the pillow lava needing broiling water
coming from the molten seams. Oh... wait... I'm reading your original
message again and that has been planned already. ;)

I really like the special-effects appearance you've created.

About that pesky media overlap problem... how about moving them away from
each other yet keeping scaled and translated to be seen correctly along the
line of sight?

Someone else suggested dirtying the snow in places, which I think would be a
nice touch. Perhaps possible to overlay a texture or add it into the one
already being used? Unless that causes a layering a layered texture error in
doing that.

Bob H