POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP5 : Re: volcano WIP5 Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:04:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP5
From: Tek
Date: 17 Feb 2006 02:37:42
Message: <43f57d46$1@news.povray.org>
> Your underwater view is impressive indeed. Still, I feel that the flow is
> too thin to be really believable and natural looking. I would expect a
> more
> massive "wall" of lava with those fiery blobs sticking out.

That might be what you'd expect, but it's not what really happens. I've said
it before and I'll say it again, reference!:
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/vents/nemo/explorer/concepts/pillows.html (watch
the video at the bottom of the page).

And regarding the slope, you're entirely right, but I can't get the
composition to work with steeper edges. After all I'm not really going for
realism... Oh hold on I just contradicted myself :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com