POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP5 : Re: volcano WIP5 Server Time
19 May 2024 01:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Feb 2006 03:41:25
Message: <43f43ab5@news.povray.org>
This is a great improvement, Tek!

Still, some unconfortable feelings. Although the shape of the volcano is
much better, I think the slope is too steep. Volcano slopes are mainly made
up of rubble and the "maximum angle of repose" of loose material is about 37
degrees. This concerns all kind of slopes like screes, or dunes too. Your
slope (to the left) is about 50 degrees.

Your underwater view is impressive indeed. Still, I feel that the flow is
too thin to be really believable and natural looking. I would expect a more
massive "wall" of lava with those fiery blobs sticking out.

Sorry for these comments! They come from my professional background mainly.
You have created a great image already!

Thomas