POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text with diacritic signs : Re: Text with diacritic signs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text with diacritic signs
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Feb 2006 03:05:45
Message: <43f2e0d9@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht

>   Note that if you use that setting, you then truely have to use utf8
> encoding on the scene file (or more precisely, on those text strings
> you want to render; the SDL itself just uses ascii, naturally, which is
> "utf8-compatible").
>
>   I actually am not completely sure if the winpov editor supports utf8.
> My guess is that it doesn't...

Well, I don't know about that, but it works fine indeed, and does what I
want!!
To reconstruct history: The problem arose from a scene in Moray. I have now
"discovered" that in Moray you can actually choose between ascii and utf8
settings. After all those years, I just overlooked it.

Thomas