POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text with diacritic signs : Re: Text with diacritic signs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text with diacritic signs
From: Warp
Date: 14 Feb 2006 09:38:22
Message: <43f1eb5d@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> > Are you using "global_settings {charset utf8}"?
> >
> No, but now that you mention it, I see that default is ascii in
> global_settings. I shall try utf8... and read the docs accordingly!
> Thanks for the tip, Mike!

  Note that if you use that setting, you then truely have to use utf8
encoding on the scene file (or more precisely, on those text strings
you want to render; the SDL itself just uses ascii, naturally, which is
"utf8-compatible").

  I actually am not completely sure if the winpov editor supports utf8.
My guess is that it doesn't...

--
                                                          - Warp