POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just a question : Just a question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Just a question
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 11 Feb 2006 03:59:35
Message: <43eda777$1@news.povray.org>
I recently bought a new Mac G5 with twin Intel double core chips.  I've
been busy with classes lately, and until recently, I haven't had time to
think about rendering much.
But I've been noticing a disturbing trend over the past couple days,
almost every time I try rendering a scene, any scene, my computer locks
up on me.

Now, I've had it for a month and this is the first time it's given me
any trouble.

I've had the computer into the shop, and they tell me that there's
absolutely nothing wrong with it.  This is confirmed both by the
system's startup check, and by my copy of TechTool Pro.

I'm perfectly willing to be voted down, and I hate to cast aspersions
against our favorite ray tracer, but is there even the slightest
possibility that PoV is causing my problems?  I have to ask in order to
rule it out.

Regards,

ADB