POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : straight columns render bent : Re: straight columns render bent Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: straight columns render bent
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Feb 2006 03:42:59
Message: <43ec5213$1@news.povray.org>
Do you mean that in your scene the objects appear to be bent outward? In
that case, it is because the camera is pointing slightly upwards and you
have a case of parallax view (like in a real world camera, by the way).
In your case, where z seems to be up, you can rapidly solve this by using
the same z-value for location and look_at. The drawback is that your horizon
is then in the exact middle of the image, but for a start that will do.
There is a little utility somewhere in one of the newsgroups that will
straighten vertical objects in such cases. I shall have a look...

Thomas