POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.11c available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.11c available. Server Time
6 May 2024 12:52:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.11c available.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Feb 2006 12:22:49
Message: <43e63469$1@news.povray.org>
Francois LE COAT wrote:
> That's a shame that POVRay beta is only available for Windows. My policy
> as a developer is to support Linux and MacOSX platforms ... I do regret
> that the POVTeam has the exact opposed policy :(

The majority of beta testers has always been on Windows (as the majority of
users of POV-Ray are on Windows). It takes a lot of time to prepare every
beta, and it takes even more time supporting it.

I also think it has not escaped your (or at least most of the people around
here) attention that currently the POV-Team members' time for POV-Ray is
very limited, having already caused delays of 3.7 beta development and bug
fixing, due to mention real-life limitations. As such, there simply has been
no time yet to create a Mac or Linux beta version as there are more urgent
core code bugs to be fixed and features to be completed.

 > Who benefit from it ?

The Mac and Linux users benefit the most, because once they get a beta, they
will have a very solid beta already because the Windows users will have
found the majority of bugs.

	Thorsten