POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Possible bug in Radiance HDR output code : Re: Possible bug in Radiance HDR output code Server Time
14 May 2024 18:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible bug in Radiance HDR output code
From: Warp
Date: 4 Feb 2006 18:36:15
Message: <43e53a6e@news.povray.org>
Ray Gardener <ray### [at] daylongraphicscom> wrote:
> but '||' would have been the better choice.

  Or, since we are using C++, just 'or'.

  (Stroustrup himself doesn't seem to consider 'or' (and the other
similar keywords) to be a more recommendable way of doing a comparison
for some reason. He mentions in his book that these keywords were
added "only" for those who can't write '|' in their system... go figure.
  However, personally I think 'or' is in every way much better than the
more cryptic '||'.)

--
                                                          - Warp