POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating People : Re: Animating People Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating People
From: Chris B
Date: 2 Feb 2006 07:02:54
Message: <43e1f4ee$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote in message
news:hfcht151c6eov2mfpah6073b5frvjmeb0m@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:37:33 -0000, "Chris B"
> <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>
>>I think this is how the 'Fighting Temeraire and Friend' mpeg that Stephen
>>posted at
>>http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Co5cos1tjr1upujtsa0417f0cqtq8ddeg16%404ax.com%3E/
>>was probably generated. It was his posting and his link to the BVH files
>>that got me writing the converter mentioned above.
>
> Of course, you are right. It was some new BVH files that I found
> (available if anyone wants them 2.5 Meg) that prompted me to post.
>
> I'm interested to hear about your converter, keep us informed.

I've just posted the main working part of my converter as an attachment in
povray.binaries.scene-files.
This is a POV-Ray macro to convert the BVH rotations to POV-Person format
(plus I got carried away and included a few other conversion options).
Outside POV-ray I have a Rexx script to reformat the BVH files into include
files of the right format for POV-Person, with macro calls to do the
rotational conversions. I'm guessing you're not so interested in that, but
if you are I'd be happy to provide a copy.

Regards,
Chris B.