POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering a sub-window? : Re: Rendering a sub-window? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering a sub-window?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 31 Jan 2006 23:19:42
Message: <43e036de$1@news.povray.org>
"Jefficus" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.43dffc03685b08ad9ce5362d0@news.povray.org...
> I've got a complex scene that is extremely view dependent. In my
> scene-building sessions, I'm fidgeting around with subtle positioning of
> some of the geometry. To keep my "render/adjust/repeat" cycles down, I'd
> like to render, say, the lower right quadrant of the image, at a higher
> resolution, but WITHOUT moving the camera. Is there a way to do this from
> the command line? I'm imagining something like this:
>
> povray +i scene.pov +W1024 +H768 viewleft=50% viewtop=50%

Not sure if this is Windows only, but in Windows, you can drag select a
portion of your image with the cursor and have only it render, or hols shift
while dragging to save the settings to your ini. Or see "3.2.1.2.2  Partial
Output Options" in the help for ini file settings.  This does not blow up
the section selected but renders only it and leaves the rest blank.

-tgq