POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Need help Rotating : Re: Need help Rotating Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help Rotating
From: Josh
Date: 30 Jan 2006 11:12:42
Message: <43de3afa$1@news.povray.org>
A trick I use is to always build things I want to animate aound the origin.

The actual point of ratation being at <0,0,0> , and then translate the
object into position.  So I execute the rotation before the translation.

e.g.

box
    {
    rotate <0, clock, clock/2>      // this would be where you apply your
rotation varaiable
    translate <10,1000,9>           // translate into position
    }