POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Water, Part II : Re: Water, Part II Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water, Part II
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 30 Jan 2006 11:10:21
Message: <43de3a6d@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> You can use fog. Read section 3.3.2.3  Fog in the documentation. Think
> of it as a kind of prety limited but fast media simulation.

I tried fog in the past without much success, as you can't "fill"
objects with it without filling the whole scene (at least not as far as
I've been able to tell).  I ended up re-writing the scene so it would be
compatible with fog, and it works, but it isn't the idea solution.

I guess it's the price I have to pay for needing quick renders.

Bryan