POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating People : Re: Animating People Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating People
From: John VanSickle
Date: 26 Jan 2006 22:34:20
Message: <43d994bc$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> I've been away from POV for a bit (around 1 1/2 years), so I haven't been
> keeping up on what other people are doing.  I'd like to animate a person,
> and I don't know if anyone's yet come up with an elegant solution for that
> (ie, using a common file format such as skinned models from games would be
> an elegant solution; typing in hundreds of bezier patches for each from
> would not).  What have other people been doing to solve this problem?
>
> If I need to, I'll work out my own system; I'd just rather not reinvent the
> wheel.

I have a modeler at www.geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm , which
can do a reasonably human-looking model if you take the time.  The
joints will probably have the "bent tube" effect that is painfully
obvious on the elbows of most Poser rendering that I've seen.

I haven't added skin or muscle simulation, or morphs either, but I hope
to do so at some point in the future.

I tried to make the modeler as intutive as possible; right-clicking in
the edit window should give you a pop-up with all of the available options.

Regards,
John