POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : font as function : font as function Server Time
14 May 2024 23:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  font as function
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 24 Jan 2006 17:51:58
Message: <43d6af8e$1@news.povray.org>
I wonder how hard it would be to read a font and create a function whose
value is zero (or negative) outside and "distance from boundary" inside.
  Or, as long as I'm wishing for a pony, the function should have a flat
maximum along the midline of each stroke.

What I have in mind is a round version of the "GEB" jigsaw monogram,
using isosurfaces.

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
"How'd ya like to climb this high *without* no mountain?" --Porky Pine