POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Real water - inside and out? : Re: Real water - inside and out? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real water - inside and out?
From: Jonathan
Date: 24 Jan 2006 14:49:24
Message: <43d684c4@news.povray.org>
Untested for water, but just an idea, create a box under the plane
containing the media of choice large enough to cover the volume you need.
I've played with something similar for dusty air in a room illuminated
through a blue glass window.

Maybe:
box { <-10,-10,-10>,<10,0,10>
    texture {
        pigment { color <1,1,1,0,1> }
       finish {
         ambient 0.0
         diffuse 0.0
         reflection 0.0
        }
    interior {
       media {
       scattering {
         2 <0.5, 0.65, 0.4>
         extinction 0.5
       }
}

"Bryan Heit" <bjh### [at] NOSPAMucalgaryca> wrote in message
> Marc Jacquier wrote:

<snip>