POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Floor plan animation : Re: Floor plan animation Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:47:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floor plan animation
From: Ger
Date: 19 Jan 2006 04:34:50
Message: <43cf5d3a@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> wrote:

>> Neat
>>  :)
>>
>> I would like to see this turned into a fully working factory :)
>>
>> You might wanna turn off radiosity in your renders. It will reduce the
>> flickering in the animation and speed up the render precess by a couple
>> of magnitudes
>> --
>> Ger
> I have tried using lights early on, 50 point lights, but was disappointed
> with the shadows this created. A small mount of flickering is acceptable,
> but not the current amount. Any suggestions on how to light the interior
> of a building like this with lights?
>
> Stephen

I use a 3-point lighting for the background light.
If sun light can enter the building then it's something like this

// the sun
light_source{ 0 color SunColor * 0.75
#if (Final)
        area_light <25000, 0, 0>, <0, 0, 25000>, 7, 7
        adaptive 1
#end
        translate SunPosition
}

// background light
light_source{ 0 color SunColor * 0.250
        translate SunPosition
        rotate y * 120 shadowless
        }

light_source{ 0 color SunColor * 0.250
        translate SunPosition
        rotate y * 240 shadowless
        }

one or more rows of overhead point lights, emulating the fluoressent tubes,
for the overall inside lights and  I would use point lights near the
machines so that the machines are clearly visible
--
Ger