POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange Behavior of Spline_Trans (or so it seems to me) : Re: Strange Behavior of Spline_Trans (or so it seems to me) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Behavior of Spline_Trans (or so it seems to me)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 Jan 2006 16:43:34
Message: <43cc1386$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>
>>My suggestion is that you try with POV-Ray v3.5 and see if the error is
>>still there.
>>

> Thanks, Tor Olav.  I just checked it.  It works fine with v3.5.  Now I think
> it's something funny about changes to function calls with 3.6, since I also
> had a POVRay graphing calculator that worked fine with v3.5, and I had to
> modify to get it to work with v3.6.  I just assumed (with the earlier
> glitch) that I had used some non-standard language that luckily worked with
> v3.5, but no longer with v3.6.  With this problem, I don't think I did
> anything bad, so maybe it's a bug (?)  Should I report it?  (I'm always a
> bit scared to do that....)

Dave and Mike:

IIRC I have seen that error message many times too, while working with
functions in POV-Ray v3.6 (both Windows and Linux versions). But I have
never been able to make a minimal scene file that demonstrates this
error clearly. (Commenting out, removing or adding code makes the parser
complain at wildly different places in my code. And adding or removing
semicolons after function and/or array declarations makes the parsing
errors jump around too.)

I'm not sure, but I think that every time I have tried the to parse the
problematic files in a v3.5 version, the problem has disappeared.

So no I have skimmed through news://povray.bugreports and
http://www.povray.org/beta/ trying to find any known errors that relate
to this, but I have not been able to find any.

I suspect this to be a bug (maybe more than 1 ?), so yes I think that
somehow this should be reported.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com