POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rolled up maps : Re: rolled up maps Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rolled up maps
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 15 Jan 2006 09:57:59
Message: <43ca62f7@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message
news:Um8### [at] econymdemoncouk...
> You might be able to tweak this into what you need.
>
> It uses Ingo Janssen's Param.inc macro, which creates a mesh with uv
> mapping, so it should be possible to paint a map onto it

Yep ... it worked .... kind of .... I used the following:

texture {
  uv_mapping  pigment {
    image_map {
      jpeg "1917.jpg"
      map_type 0
      interpolate 4
      once
      }
  }}

as you can see from the attached image it wraps the image fine around the
rolled up ends but not on the flat part in the middle. scale, rotate, or
translate issues? maybe this isn't possible, but notice how the image is
wrapped on both sides of the object (front and back of the map object)

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scratch.jpg' (71 KB)