POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : The Chasm - Teaser : Re: The Chasm - Teaser Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Chasm - Teaser
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 13 Jan 2006 15:49:09
Message: <43c81245$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm just saying, as a native speaker of American english, the verb...

I'm native speaker of American english as well, just don't have that much
practice. Living in Germany and all, you know. Not much people around with
whom to converse to keep a steady idea of how english is meant to be, if you
understand what I mean.

> ...construction sounds awkward. While "had been left imperfect" is a good
> conjugation, putting the "better" in there without adjusting the tense
> throws the sentence off.
> SNIP some more insightful stuff, but too long to quote again...

Yeah, you're line of argumentation makes sense. I'll change those frames
ASAP and will quietly switch the old version with the new one. ;-) Thanks
though, it's always good to be sure that everything is A+. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"