POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Coupla "newb" questions... : Re: Coupla "newb" questions... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coupla "newb" questions...
From: St
Date: 12 Jan 2006 19:59:55
Message: <43c6fb8b@news.povray.org>
"Amazon_Warrior" <heu### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> H'mm.  Some interesting ideas here.  I'll try them and see how I get on!
> At
> least the more I experiment, the better I understand how the code actually
> works, so it's all to the good, I guess.  Just very frustrating when I
> want
> it to work now!  :p
>
> Thanks loads for all the suggestions from everybody, anyway.  Much
> obliged!

     No probs, but just to clarify, it was my bad that I forgot to take the
camera out of a 'non-hollow sphere' when it parsed over-night for ten hours,
(I pasted a camera scene from another file, and didn't check).

     Frango's code is correct, and with a texture/pigment statement, it
gives a 'pill'-like appearance:

  blob {
  threshold 0.5
  #declare Length = 0;