POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : drive cables - not necessarily Windows : Re: drive cables - not necessarily Windows Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:47:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: drive cables - not necessarily Windows
From: Jonathan
Date: 12 Jan 2006 19:06:35
Message: <43c6ef0b@news.povray.org>
As said IDE and SCSI are two different balls of wax, if you have a IDE drive
and cable already and you don't have a spare IDE on your motherboard, stop
by your local computer store and buy a $20 IDE interface card. Finding a
SCSI drive and cable to match the SCSI card can get expensive if you buy-em
new. Make sure to check to see if your motherboard is PCI, ISA, MCA, etc
Typically Pentium (and equivilants) and higher have PCI, 486's can have
both, 386's have ISA. PS/2's (computer, not game console) will have MCA. I
doubt you'll see EISA.

Jonathan
red### [at] redmasqcom

"tom" <tmi### [at] uarkedu> wrote in message
> This is likely a misplaced question, but is there a difference between
SCSI