POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie isosurface question : Re: Newbie isosurface question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie isosurface question
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Jan 2006 01:23:54
Message: <43c2017a$1@news.povray.org>
"sully323" <lws### [at] netwaycom> wrote in message

>  I am glad some of you consider this a "newbie" question! However, I have
> been using POV for about 3 years now, and have never used an
> isosurface....not one word of these posts made any sense to me
> whatsoever....is there a tutorial for isosurfaces writen for those of us
> that don't know math?

Mike Williams' online isosurface tutorial sure makes it easy for me to
understand. Might for you, too, then. Take a look at the "printable" link
found at the bottom of that web page for a possibly easier read, if you are
okay with scrolling-- or actual printed pages. Skips all that link-jump
stuff.

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm