POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur Server Time
13 May 2024 18:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur
From: Warp
Date: 5 Jan 2006 04:32:33
Message: <43bce7b0@news.povray.org>
GP70 <pap### [at] liberoit> wrote:
> Yes, yesterday I've used the trick of the avaraged textures but I don't like
> very much the results. In any case I will try to improve it in some way...
> Anyway if the reflection blur features could be reintegrated...

  You should not dismiss the trick just because you didn't get it to
work immediately.
  You are writing as if you aren't getting the same result as with
megapov. However, the trick in question can be tuned to simulate
basically exactly what megapov was doing. Thus if you are not getting
the same result it's because you didn't set it up correctly, not because
it's not possible.
  Just read the text behind the url carefully. It explains everything.
It feels that you just quickly tried the example code given without
reading the explanatory texts carefully enough. The example code is
just *one* way of doing it (and it does it differently from what the
megapov patch does it).

  The trick can not only be tuned to do almost exactly what the megapov
patch was doing, but it can be made to do a whole lot of other things
too. Why would you want the limited megapov patch to be reintegrated?

--
                                                          - Warp