POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur Server Time
14 May 2024 02:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jan 2006 09:45:58
Message: <43bbdfa6@news.povray.org>
GP70 <pap### [at] liberoit> wrote:
> My only concerning is about the decision of removing the
> "reflection_blur" feature from this release (see rev. 0.7) which, for me,
> could add more realism to reflective surfaces.

  Blurred reflections (and refractions) can already be used in the
official POV-Ray (since quite long time, actually), and in fact they
can be used in a more versatile and diverse ways. That might be one
reason why they didn't bother keeping the reflection_blur hack in
megapov.
  Granted, the trick to do it is a bit more complex, but at least
it is possible. See:

http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#blurredreflection

--
                                                          - Warp