POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) : Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 4 Jan 2006 03:32:11
Message: <43bb880b$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote in message
news:43bb0a76$1@news.povray.org...
> Freaky stuff, Zeger. I'm sure that couldn't be an easy thing to
animate.

It was as easy to animate it as it was to make it, actually :)
You see, I made a muscle() macro that connects 2 points with a blob that
tries to keep the same, given volume.  Not entirely accurate, but it
more or less does the job :)

> Reminds me the people Greg Johnson has created over the past few years
but I
> don't remember how he actually makes those guys.

with a lot of work, I suppose :)

> You didn't mention any use of negative strength component parts so you
might
> want to give that a try if you haven't already done that.

Hmm, I might be able to force something with negative strength, don't
know if I can automate it though :-/

> In my somewhat
> limited experience with the POV blob I know it can get real tricky
placing
> blob components with good strength and threshold since, like you said,
when
> using a single blob for such things as this arm animation, it
ultimately
> tangles in on itself unless something is done to force spacing where
needed.
> Even moreso, with negative strength parts I think it would get
extremely
> complicated to fit the parts together for animation. Just a still
image
> could be more plausible, but animate that and it means many positions
> account for. However, if you do manage to work it out please post
another
> animation!

Maybe if I put negative strength blobcomponents on one side of the
muscles, that prevent any other part of the body to "blob" onto that
muscle...  just thinking out loud here, I don't know if that even makes
sense :)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;