POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) : Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:54:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muscles (702KB MPEG-1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Jan 2006 18:36:22
Message: <43bb0a76$1@news.povray.org>
Freaky stuff, Zeger. I'm sure that couldn't be an easy thing to animate.
Reminds me the people Greg Johnson has created over the past few years but I
don't remember how he actually makes those guys.

You didn't mention any use of negative strength component parts so you might
want to give that a try if you haven't already done that. In my somewhat
limited experience with the POV blob I know it can get real tricky placing
blob components with good strength and threshold since, like you said, when
using a single blob for such things as this arm animation, it ultimately
tangles in on itself unless something is done to force spacing where needed.
Even moreso, with negative strength parts I think it would get extremely
complicated to fit the parts together for animation. Just a still image
could be more plausible, but animate that and it means many positions to
account for. However, if you do manage to work it out please post another
animation!

Bob