POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make images bigger : Re: How to make images bigger Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make images bigger
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 1 Jan 2006 15:39:16
Message: <43b83df4$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Probably. Then again, the question seemed to be how to change the size in
> general, not to make "custom" sizes (after all, he was stuck with the
> smallest preview size 160x120). For me, that clearly shows that the problem
> is along the lines of "new user doesn't know how to use POV-Ray and asks",
> not "user knows his way around and wants to customize a certain aspect".

Hmm, yes true. I didn't even remember that 160x120 is the smallest
preview size, but I did remember that last time I used POV for Win even
the biggest size was too small to my screen.

> All of the above isn't to say that the new user is stupid for not knowing,
> new users generally don't know, and they are allowed and supposed to ask (in
> my oppinion). That's what I do when I encounter something I don't know. :-)

Absolutely true. This is why the new user should tell us what answer was
that what actually helped him, so we could predict before the next asker :).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net