POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make images bigger : Re: How to make images bigger Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make images bigger
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Jan 2006 15:27:58
Message: <43b83b4e@news.povray.org>
> Maybe because editing the .ini -file makes the modifications staying
> easily available via the drop-down box. Back in time, when I used
> POV-Ray for Windows, I modified the .ini -file and got quick and easy
> access to most of ever-wanted settings.
>
> Would that be the reason?

Probably. Then again, the question seemed to be how to change the size in
general, not to make "custom" sizes (after all, he was stuck with the
smallest preview size 160x120). For me, that clearly shows that the problem
is along the lines of "new user doesn't know how to use POV-Ray and asks",
not "user knows his way around and wants to customize a certain aspect".

Hence, the answer should be: "+w800 +h600" via command shell, or use the
proper Quickres-Dropdown on the Windows GUI (don't know about Mac, that's
where Thorsten came in handy), not "edit quickres.ini". Seemed to me the new
user doesn't even know about "quickres.ini".

All of the above isn't to say that the new user is stupid for not knowing,
new users generally don't know, and they are allowed and supposed to ask (in
my oppinion). That's what I do when I encounter something I don't know. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"