POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Any hints about next topic? : Render Competition at the Forum Navis Romana Server Time
27 May 2024 09:40:16 EDT (-0400)
  Render Competition at the Forum Navis Romana
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 29 Dec 2005 22:30:45
Message: <43b4a9e5@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

We at the non-commercial scientific Forum Navis Romana (maritime
archaeology) are preparing multiple competitions. Two of these competitions
might interest you as render artists: the Render Stills competition, and the
Render 3D Model competition.

But don't hurry at all. Right now, we are still preparing the database
website for the launch, and around 80% of our contents are stilll not
available online. This includes the rules for the render competitions.

But if you have an interest to talk about our competitions, please do so. We
would like to get a first impression which ideas for the competitions might
come up, we are still open for good ideas. However, the target of the render
competitions is clearly defined, already.

 The competition entries arer required to contain (to be about) ancient
ships and of one of these categories:
- Sea Battles
- Harbour Views
- Trade Scenes
- Deck Views
- Historical Maritime Events

Similar to the "Hall of Fame" famous websites such as the POV-Ray website
have, we will have our "Palace of the Glorious" and the "Arena" in each
section of our competitions (renaming is still possible but the features
itself are going to be implemented)

link section (http://Navis.TerraRomana.org), if you have questions. Or
communicate using the news groups here. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sven Littkowski
Forum Navis Romana || Terra Romana

PS: It is the first time I personally add a news to a news group. Hopefully
I do it right. Advice highly welcome.