POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : snow animations : Re: snow animations Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:39:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snow animations
From: Chris B
Date: 29 Dec 2005 05:33:55
Message: <43b3bb93@news.povray.org>
"r20adek" <rra### [at] o2pl> wrote in message
> Who help.I have this source code.
> ... snip ...
> I want snowing animations.What I must write to this code and where becasue
> I'm newbie in Povray.
> HELP ME.PLEASE

Hi Radek,

To animate your snowflakes you need to modify the amount you move each one
based upon the 'clock' variable. The following source adds a vector to the
position of each flake to produce a very simple animation. It checks to make
sure the flake hasn't dropped out of the bottom of the box and, if it has,
it moves it back to the top of the box, positioning it so that it will
produce a seamless animation cycle when rendered with the command line
settings of   '+kfi1 +kff30 +kc'.

A couple of notes on protocol: I think it would have been better to post
this question on the 'povray.animations' newsgroup as
'povray.binaries.animations' is more for example animation files and stuff.
CAPITALISATION is sort of like shouting and is more commonly used on
newsgroups where questions don't get answered.

light_source { < -150, 80  ,-8> color rgb 1}
camera {location <0,20,-20> look_at <0,20,0>}
#include "colors.inc"
#include "rand.inc"

#declare PtA=<-30,0,-30>;
#declare PtB=<30,35,15>;
#declare nasio=seed(12345);

#declare FallVector = <-0.1,-1,-0.1>;

#declare ile=1000;
#declare licz=1;
#declare platek=sphere
{
  <0,0,0>,
  .1 pigment
  { color White }
}

#while
     (licz <ile)
        #declare los=VRand_In_Box(PtA, PtB, nasio);
        #declare los = los+FallVector*clock*35;
        #if (los.y<=0) #declare los = los-FallVector*35; #end
        object { platek translate los }
        #declare licz=licz+1;
#end

Regards,