POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aspect ratio & resolution.ini : Aspect ratio & resolution.ini Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Aspect ratio & resolution.ini
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 28 Dec 2005 18:43:36
Message: <43b32328$1@news.povray.org>
I have been making a variety of animation which are being exported to
video.  I've been exporting to both DVD (1.33:1) and HDTV (16:9)
formats.  I've been using commands within the camera to set the aspect
ratio; for example DVD aspect ratio is done as follows:

camera {
   location <0,12,-12>
   look_at <0,8,0.01>
   up <0,1,0>
   right <1.33,0,0>  //this would be 1.85 for HDTV
   angle 60
        }

Unfortunately, this means that I have to manually adjust both the aspect
ratio (in the camera command) and the image resolution (in the drop-down
menu for resolution.ini).  I'm a little forgetful, which means that I've
rendered several animations where the aspect ratio and resolutions did
not match.  Which means that I loose hours of time rendering videos
which are totally distorted.

So is there some way I can add the aspect ratio into the resolution.ini
file so that when I pick the resolution the appropriate aspect ratio is
also picked?

Thanx

Bryan