POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Can only output in PICT : Re: Can only output in PICT Server Time
17 May 2024 07:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can only output in PICT
From: Günther Dietrich
Date: 28 Dec 2005 11:46:32
Message: <43b2c168$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>> I use POV-Ray 3.6.0 (build 196), and it appears that the onnly format
>> for image output is PICT. All the other doesn't work, and before
>> anything begins, the message window says "File init error: Cannot open
>> output file"
>>
>> Is it a known bug ?

Must be one, I have the same problem here.

>>Is there a way to correct this ?

Maybe in the source code.

>Something like this has never been reported before.

There is always a first time.

>The output works just
>fine regardless of the format you are using, so probably you are making some
>mistake that is causing this.  Are you certain the folder you ask POV-Ray to
>write to is not locked?  Are you certain you did not just miss the error
>message for PICT output?

No, there is no error message for Output_File_Type=S. It does simply
generate a pict file.
With Output_File_Type=T and Output_File_Type=N, I get the message 'File
Init Error: Cannot open output file.' and no output file.

>Apart from that, also it is unrelated, you should use the latest version,
>which is 3.6.1.

Does it fix this bug?

Best regards,

BTW: G5 w. 2.5G Bytes RAM, Mac OS 10.4.3