POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : distance of the viewing plane to the camera : distance of the viewing plane to the camera Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  distance of the viewing plane to the camera
From: hermans
Date: 24 Dec 2005 10:55:13
Message: <43ad6f61@news.povray.org>
For illustrating some properties of perspective I want to place the
viewing plane at a given distance from the camera. I think this has to
do with the direction vector, but also with the right vector.
If I put a perspective camera at a point <a,b,c> viewing in the
direction <0,0,1> how can I determine the combination of the right and
the direction vector to obtain the viewing plane, parallel to the
(X,Z)-plane at a distance d from the camera in the direction determined
by <0,0,1>?