POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : objects turn white with raised ambience : Re: objects turn white with raised ambience Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: objects turn white with raised ambience
From: Alain
Date: 23 Dec 2005 12:39:52
Message: <43ac3668$1@news.povray.org>
Ian Crofoot nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-12-22 18:13:
> I'm testing a scene with Christmas lights, and to get the effect of the
> lights I thought turning up the ambient values sufficiently high would work
> (with radiosity).  The only problem I run into is that four of the six
> colors of lights I use turn white when the ambient value is raised.  Two of
> them are function perfectly however.
>
> The scene file is rather large, so here is a link:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/iancrofoot/treeLit.txt
>
> Putting lightsources in all the bulbs would be HUGE pain, so this is the
> only method I can think of.  If there is a better method, or at least a fix
> to my problem, I would be pleased.

Why don't use a macro for your lights? That macro take a colour as parameter and
create one small
coloured christmass light with a light_source of the apropriate colour. It can also
include a small
media in it's container. (using emissive madia if prety fase)
In the macro, create the light at the origin, you then rotate it and translate to it's
final place.
Rotation and position can also be passed to the macro as parameters.

--
Alain
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one