POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Teaching povray to kids : Re: Teaching povray to kids Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teaching povray to kids
From: John VanSickle
Date: 19 Dec 2005 19:17:58
Message: <43a74db6$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I'm considering teaching povray to a group of kids-- perhaps a youth group
> at my church.  I'm wondering what age you'd think say the top 80% of the
> kids would have the capacity to appreciate it.  (Or say an application like
> blender using freeware models).

Unless the UI for Blender is highly non-intuitive, Blender will work for
  a younger audience than the how-good-are-you-at-analytical-geometry
test known as the POV-Ray SDL.

In either case you may have to give the kids a primer on 3d geometry.

As for when the top 80% has the capacity to appreciate it, I'd say the
kids who are twenty and up...

Regards,
John