POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to Add random Noise to the generated Image(Sequence)? : Re: How to Add random Noise to the generated Image(Sequence)? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Add random Noise to the generated Image(Sequence)?
From: Chris B
Date: 18 Dec 2005 15:53:28
Message: <43a5cc48$1@news.povray.org>
"jiangzhijun" <jia### [at] lmarswhueducn> wrote in message
> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>> camera {location <0,0.5,-2> look_at <0,0.5,0> normal {granite 0.005 scale
>> 0.01}}
>
> how about this management is compared quantitively with Adding  a certain
> normal distributed noise R(0,3)(0 is the mean value , 3 is the root mean
> square error) to the image,then? Thanks anyway!

I think the answer is yes.
I believe you can use more or less any mathematical function for the normal
definition.
I've not tried using functions in the camera normal, so you'll need to look
in the documentation under normals and under user defined functions.
A quick google search threw up an example of using a function as a normal at
http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water05.html

Hope this helps,
Regards, Chris B.