POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrml2 to pov converter : Re: vrml2 to pov converter Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vrml2 to pov converter
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Dec 2005 23:54:23
Message: <43a0f6ff$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> I'm looking for a vrml to POVRay converter.
> The VRML file has header
>    #VRML V1.0 ascii
> I tried "vrml2pov" by Paul Thiessen but to no avail, even after trying to
> fool it by changing the header, it expects
>    #VRML V2.0 utf8

Despite the name VRML 1 and 2 (aka 97) are not really a logical progression
of development. VRML 2 is not a superset of VRML 1 features. I could
probably get a VRML 1 scene converted if you just need one or two by asking
someone who might still have an application that can read VRML 1 and output
VRML 2, if that is enough. I can also ask around if the same people have a
converter application that certainly existed at some long time ago...

	Thorsten