POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alpha channel? : Alpha channel? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Alpha channel?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Dec 2005 19:00:12
Message: <43a0b20c@news.povray.org>
I'm experimenting a bit with image-based pigments and such, trying to create
my own little SDL Compositing Tool... :-)

Now, BMP's don't come with alpha, PNG and TGA do, and PNG even comes with
inbuilt Gamma (which'll get gamma-corrected automatically by POV-Ray).

Anyways, POV-Ray uses the alpha-channel of images for transparency. I've
looked around the Docs and found use_alpha, but I haven't found an inverse
of that, e.g. which would turn an image with alpha into a pigment without
transparency. Any pointers? Otherwise I'd probably run it through a function
to extract red, green and blue.

Regards,
Tim

--