POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Crazy lighting : Re: Crazy lighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy lighting
From: Warp
Date: 12 Dec 2005 10:22:51
Message: <439d95cb@news.povray.org>
Chris B <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
> With the following SDL it seems to matter. I've inverted the N2 normal on
> the third smooth triangle and get banding of the sort I described. Whereas
> before inverting it the surface was smooth.

  I was assuming you were talking about flat triangles (since you didn't
specifically mention smooth triangles and their vertex normals...)

  Naturally if you have a smooth triangle and one of the vertex normals
points to the wrong direction, the lighting in between will be wrong,
as the in-between normals are interpolated.

--
                                                          - Warp