POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : image output type ignored...? : Re: image output type ignored...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image output type ignored...?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Dec 2005 17:37:59
Message: <4398b5c7@news.povray.org>
"Tartiflette" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.439838dfd7ee52d21866f6fc0@news.povray.org...

> So Kudos to the developers ! And a BIG thank you for this wonderful piece
> of
> software that has become POV-Ray over the years !

I'd like to share that sentiment. Much has been done. Thank you Chris and
others.

Yes, 11b solved the image output file trouble... now if I can just get used
to the change about gamma.
;^)
I didn't  use beta 10 much, when that way of doing image gamma became
different, and actually haven't been doing much rendering since around beta
7 or 8. Trying to check into the betas more again since those all-important
things such as radiosity, photons, dispersion are being added back in.

Which, BTW, I rendered the example scene file newdiffract.pov with and
without photons and I guess photons isn't working right yet. Only makes
black shadows, as if the objects become opaque instead of remaining
transparent.

Bob